Most notable this month is my running. Since I was pretty out for the count February and March, when I finally recovered from my IT Band flare up, my body was ready to run and run faster than it ever has ran. There are 4 major events of my running life this month that stick out amongst the rest and support that I'm improving.
- I ran 2 consecutive miles hitting mile 1 at 7:52 and mile 2 at 7:48
- I ran 4x800 hitting times of 3:54, 3:46, 3:44, and 3:39
- I ran 11.6 miles comfortably at an 8:45 pace
- I ran 100.29 miles in April
Swim and bike are coming along well too. I got outside on my bike a lot more and ended the month with 333 miles. Swimming got harder with workouts from my coach, but I still managed to get in 25,100 yards. This month goes down as my 2nd biggest training month ever in terms of mileage. I had a big month last July that still stands #1.
So as I ride on cloud 9 from this great month, I can only think about next month! I have two smaller goals I'd like to hit:
- Run a 30+ mile week (never done that before)
- Do core work 2x per week